Monday, April 1, 2013

Sherm's Ultimate Gripper

2. Eat Sherm's Ultimate Gripper from Tubby Dog
March 29, 2013 - Done!

If you haven't been to Tubby Dog, you're missing out.

When it comes to food, I'm really picky.  I don't like spicy food (at all) and I have a hard time branching out.  I need to get over this, but I know what I like.

When I was making this list, my husband suggested I try Sherm's Ultimate Gripper from Tubby Dog because it's not something I would normally try on my own.  He's tried just about all of the hot dogs there, but he hadn't tried Sherm's either.

It's a very large hot dog that is almost like a man vs. food challenge all on its own.  It has: chili, bacon, onions, a slab of ham, a fried egg & cheese (it normally also has hot peppers and mustard, but I nixed those).  The hot dog is wrapped in bacon and deep fried.  I took a lot of natural stomach supplements in preparation!

Going into this, I figured that I wouldn't really like the hot dog, but that it would be an interesting thing to accomplish.  I was pleasantly surprised to find out that it was absolutely delicious!  The first bite that broke the egg yoke was incredible!

I expected to get food all over the place, but it wasn't as messy as my normal hot dog of choice at Tubby Dog.  Some people eat the hot dogs with a knife & fork, but I wanted to just dive right in and do it right.    

It was greasy and tasty and I was full for about 24 hours afterwards.  I'm so glad I tried it!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment