Monday, April 1, 2013

Welcome

Welcome to my 30 for 30 project!

About a month ago I turned 29 which got me thinking about turning 30 (gasp, so soon!) and things I'd like to do before that happens.  My 20's have been great and I've accomplished a lot of strong goals (married the love of my life, established an exciting career, etc.), but there are still a lot of things I can't wait to try.

This got me thinking about goals and the idea of a bucket list.  Everyone has one, but we often think, 'Oh, I'll get it done later'.  In the past, I've written lists and accomplished a few things, but I've never really committed myself to it.

So starts my 30 for 30 project.  On February 29th, 2014, I will turn 30, so I've decided to put together a list of 30 things to do before then.  Of course, I'd like to go to Stonehenge and Australia, but this is the year for local (Calgary, AB), silly-fun goals.


Here's the list:

March
1. Drive a Mini
2. Eat Sherms Ultimate Gripper from Tubby Dog

April
3. Go the the National Music Centre
4. Graffiti Knit
5. Take a class at Williams Sonoma

May
6. Be in a water balloon fight
7. Walk with wolf dogs at the Yamnuska Wolf Dog Sanctuary
8. Attend a wine tasting

June
9. Ride a bike from one end of Fish Creek to the other (within yyc city limits)
10. Go on a walking tour of downtown Calgary
11. Watch The Shinning

July
12. Fly a kite
13. Canoe on Lake Louise
14. Try shrimp again

August
15. Go to the Rothney Astrophysical Observatory
16. Zipline & Bobsleigh at C.O.P.
17. Climb a tree

September
18. Go to a parade
19. Fly in a hot air balloon
20. Make yarn balloons

October
21. Walk (I'm not a runner) the Alzheimer's Marathon
22. Pay for a stranger's meal at a restaurant
23. Knit something for a homeless person

November
24. Go to the Opera
25. Go to the Devonian Gardens

December
26. Go tobogganing
27. Skate at Olympic Plaza

January
28. Buy a pair of Christian Louboutin (or similar) heels
29. Donate blood 5 more times, bringing my total to 20 (to be done by this date)

February
30. Read at least 2 more of the classic books from the BBC list (to be done by this date)

This blog will chronicle
my year of mini-adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment