Monday, April 15, 2013

Take a class at Williams Sonoma

3. Take a class at Williams Sonoma
Done!
April 14, 2013

I'm not a very good cook.  It's not that I make bad food, it's that I don't really like to cook and I don't know my way around the kitchen very well, so I just avoid it.  I make a great shepherd's pie, but that's about all.
 
Williams Sonoma offers free classes every Sunday morning at 10:00am, before the store opens.  A few weeks ago, I went to the store to select a class and chose to attend the Pan Roasting class.

My husband and I arrived a couple of minutes before 10:00am and there were 6 other people standing outside of the store, waiting for it to open.  They were friendly with each other and we found out that there is a group of regulars who go almost every week, which is kind of neat.  Mostly they were welcoming, but there were a couple of them who didn't seem to like having outsiders join in.

The instructor was very casual with the group, since she knew everyone but us.  She made roast chicken breasts and roasted cauliflower.  Neither of us are big fans of cauliflower (is anyone?), but it was good to watch and learn.  She had some great tips.

I love chicken and would eat it for every meal, so I was pretty happy that that's what was being made.  She started by cooking the chicken, skin side down, on the stove top and then put it in the oven for about 20 minutes.

At the end, we all got a sample and it was amazing!


The class was more of a demonstration and wasn't hands on at all.  I enjoyed it, but probably won't be cooking because of it.  Good thing I married a man who loves to cook!


    







No comments:

Post a Comment