Friday, May 24, 2013

Go to the National Music Centre

5. Go to the National Music Centre
Done!
May 15, 2013

So, this is a bit odd.  I had never been to the National Music Centre before (such a shame) and I figured that I really needed to go on one of their tours.  While on their website, I saw that they were looking for volunteers.  So, I decided to do that instead!

On May 15th, I went the NMC for a volunteer orientation and got to check out the gallery area of their building as well.

I'll be helping run events, which should be pretty fun.  I am trained on a sound board and I work with musicians, so I'll fit in there, but I will likely be doing things like ticket taking, etc.  Very cool to be a part of this!

If you haven't been to the NMC, do it.  Go on their website at www.nmc.ca and book a tour.  There are incredible instruments there.  They have pianos from the 1500's with murals painted on the backs!

I'm serious, book that tour.  Maybe I'll see you there. 



No comments:

Post a Comment