Friday, July 19, 2013

Try Shrimp Again

7. Try shrimp again 
June 13, 2013

When I was a kid I remember enjoying shrimp, especially popcorn shrimp.  But I eventually stopped eating them and I don't really know why.  Sometimes I eat canned tuna, but that's it for seafood.  In general, it kind of freaks me out.  People try to get me to eat fish or lobster, but I just can't do it.  My husband, Chris, is allergic to seafood, so this really helps.  

Since I used to enjoy shrimp, I figured it was worth a shot to see if I was just being stubborn.  My mom loves the baked garlic shrimp at the Keg, so I decided I'd try that.

On my dad's birthday, Chris and I surprised my dad while he and my mom were getting appys at the Keg.  It was a great surprise that he didn't suspect.  

After we got there, I went to the washroom.  When I returned, Chris told me that he had ordered the shrimp for me because he didn't want me to chicken out!  That helped.  I might have.

When it arrived, it smelled great.  It's basically 6 (or maybe 7) pieces of shrimp, covered in cheese and garlicy goodness, with bread on the side.  The cheese was amazing.  The shrimp?  Not so much.  The texture (I really mean the popping crunch) freaked me out and I found the meat itself to be bland.  

I tried a few to make sure that it wasn't just a weird reaction and I just couldn't get into it.  

Oh well, I tried.




No comments:

Post a Comment