Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Water Balloon Fight

Be in a water balloon fight
July 14, 2013

I wasn't sure about this one.  It would take a lot of planning and I would need to get a lot of people together.  Most of my friends live at the other end of the city and in the furthest neighboring-town from my house.  I figured this would be pretty difficult to pull off.  But I was wrong.
  My amazing friend, Tammy, planned this out in secret. A BBQ was planned at one of our friends houses on July 14th.  Once everyone arrived, Tammy took the floor and explained that we were going to have a water balloon fight because of my list.  Everyone knew except for me.  It was incredible!


The guys got to work on the balloons and filled 200.  They were packed into two groups and taken over to the nearby park.  We split into two teams and placed the bins opposite of each other in a small area of the park.

 A few rules were set:

- You have to take at least three steps away from the bin before throwing your water balloon
- You can only be holding one balloon at a time

Each team stood around their own bin and we got started.  We ran at each other with great force and everyone giggled the whole time.  At one point, I heard someone on the other team whisper, "Let's get Lindsay".  So, I broke the second rule and grabbed two balloons.  They got me pretty well, though. 


Soaking hubby
Revenge 




















Most of the participants regularly play dodgeball, so we were a lot dryer at the end than I expected, but it was so much fun.

200 balloons sounds like a lot, but the whole things was over in a couple of minutes.  Water guns and a running hose for the next time! 

While walking back to the house, everyone was talking about what a great time they had and I'm sure we'll end up doing more things like this at the next BBQ!

Thanks so much Tammy and all of my friends!  I'm lucky to have you!


No comments:

Post a Comment