Monday, July 22, 2013

Watch The Shining

Watch The Shining 
June 22, 2013

As we all know, the Shining is a classic.  Like many classic movies, I hadn't seen it yet.  Of course, I knew the story and had seen many of the iconic scenes (and the excellent Simpsons/the Shining episode), but that's not the same. 

I'm not a superstitious person, but there's something about our townhouse that really creeps me out.  The idea of watching a movie about a house that haunts a family had me a bit on edge.  But, I decided to suck it up and make it happen.

Luckily, Shaw had it available for me to watch on Video on Demand (I miss Blockbuster), so I downloaded and watched it by myself. We do this amazing thing called 'floor bed' where we use all of the couch cushions, lots of blankets and pillows, and make a bed on the floor.  Naturally that was part of this process.
 
So, I sat and knit and watched the Shining.  And when it was over I felt satisfied.  I don't know that I really enjoyed it so much as I'm happy to have seen it.  Like I said, it's a classic!

As for the creepy feeling in my house, I did a mini-smudging ceremony and am feeling a lot better about the whole thing.

I also haven't seen Back to the Future or some of the Star Wars movies either (I don't know which ones.  It would be none, but hubby disapproves).


No comments:

Post a Comment