Thursday, January 2, 2014

Donate Blood - 4 of 5

Donate Blood - 4 of 5
November 5, 2013

I've decided to stick with Plasma.  There's something about the whole process that really fascinates me.  And I feel a lot better afterwards.

This was actually my 20th donation.  I miscalculated when making the list and was actually one ahead.  The great thing here is that I've now hit my 20th donation!

But, the goal was 5 more, so, this is number 4.

I had tickets for the hockey game that night, so I called earlier in the day and changed my appointment to start an hour earlier.

At the 2nd plasma donation, everyone has to see the doctor first for a 'physical'.  What they mean by that is that you have to see the doctor so she can take your blood pressure and look in your ears and throat.  That's fine.  The issue was that the doctor was running behind.

It's a great thing that I changed the timing, because with the late start and the slow process, I got to the game with only a few minutes to spare.

Lesson learned: don't give plasma if you're on a schedule.

Here's a picture of the awesome questions they ask every time.  Can you guess which one is my favorite?


No comments:

Post a Comment