Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Go to the Devonian Gardens

Go to the Devonian Gardens
December 10, 2013

If you don't know, the Devonian Gardens is a beautiful indoor garden on the top floor of a mall in downtown Calgary.  It's a tranquil area that is green all year round.  A couple of years ago it was closed down for about 6 months and completely renovated.  Since I don't have a lot of reason to go downtown, I hadn't been back since it reopened and I really wanted to check it out.

After Nicole and I went on the walking tour in the summer we headed over to the Devonian Gardens, hoping to knock off two items in one day, but it was closed for a wedding.

Aw, shucks.


For my job, I often attend networking events and in November I found out that the next one was going to take place at the Devonian Gardens.  How perfect!


When I got to the event, I fell completely in love with the surroundings.  It was serene and beautiful.  They had Christmas lights set up and the whole space felt so calming.




There were a lot of people there that I know, so I moved around the space very (very) slowly.  They had cookies on the tables and drinks for milling about with.  In the centre is a koi pond with a piano behind it.

The presentation was great and afterwards there was a lot of time for networking, which always freaks me out - but I'm getting better at it.

They had food stations and a pianist and the evening was lovely.

To top it all off, I got to spend a few hours with Bert, one of my great industry friends.








No comments:

Post a Comment